Thursday 24 July 2014

We’re all going on a summer holiday...

In my mind, summer always shines as a glorious time of holiday and of rest from work. I look forward to the summer months as a time of refreshment and more carefree living. Of course, now I’m resigned to the working adult life, this is not true at all – but this feeling remains, as a hangover from the ingrained patterns of the education system. And although I currently have a more relaxed workload over the summer, it is no longer automatically a time of complete rest – with a fixed allowance of annual leave, it’s not even possible.

However, summer sees teacher-friends off work and our wonderful weather at its kindest (perhaps), so I do my best to retain this glorious vision of the summer holidays. Already it is late July (how did that happen?) and I’ve got itchy feet...

First stop: a working holiday – a change is as good as a rest, right? – to this beautiful place, to help out at the thinkivp bookshops at the Keswick Convention:


I hope I never quite grow out of the summer holiday dream. There’s just something magical about travelling somewhere different, rebooting your system with a break from routine and gathering more tales of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment