Friday, 28 August 2026

I tried to write about something else

I tried to write about something else -

I had a few ideas

But somehow they didn't form themselves, 

And I had to deal with tears.


I tried to think about something other

Than what things baby may need,

But the house wants babyproofing 

And she awoke asking for a feed.


I tried to look at something else

For once since becoming a mum,

But somehow entire days pass by

Watching baby find her thumb.


I tried to talk about something other 

Than whether my baby was happy,

But then the wee one made it clear

That what she needed was a nappy!


I tried to walk somewhere else

Without feeling I was rushing,

But my baby woke up in the pram

And I had to keep on pushing.


I tried to write about something other 

Than baby being the reason,

But then I realised - that's ok -

This is my current season.




No comments:

Post a Comment